Arrive Alive Road Safety Initiative (AARSI), is a duly accredited, non-governmental organization with the fundamental objectives of saving lives through enhancements of road safety awareness and ultimately, road safety culture among the citizenry.
The AARSI is committed to the awareness, adoption and observance of global road safety practices towards reduction of the huge annual losses in human and material resources through accidents on our roads. It proposes to do this through a combination of policy and legislative reform advocacy and the execution of road safety actions, in collaboration with appropriate Government Agencies, which would be funded by the private sector, donor agencies and the international road safety community.
The main objectives of AARSI include the following:
- To contribute significantly to reducing road traffic fatalities and injuries in Nigeria.
- To collaborate with Government, its agencies and stakeholders to support or oppose any legislative actions that may affect Road Safety in Nigeria.
- To provide services or assistance to persons or groups concerned with Road Safety in Nigeria.
- To partner with available skilled professionals towards the achievement of the ideals of AARSI.
- To make “Road Safety” a watchword of every household in Nigeria.
- Profile of Board Trustees
- Jim Ovia – (Chris Onyemenam alternate) – Chairman – Zenith Bank International Plc
- Bernadine Okeke (Franklin Erebor, alternate) – Vice Chair – First Bank Nigeria Plc
- Femi Odumagbo (Yinka Muheez Bello, alternate) – Secretary – Chevron Nigeria Ltd
- Dr Alex Otti (Nkechi Nwosu, alternate) – Treasurer – Diamond Bank Plc
- Ike Okonkwo – Executive Secretary